NEW YORK | WTC Transportation Hub | 150 FT

Just a few more hours!!

No columns in the middle of the tunnel

Just walked in. The elevator at the pac is still just exit only.

Posted by user amishrefugee on Reddit. This looks really nice and modern. The removal of the center columns really opens it up. I know it took forever but pretty impressed:

Wow that sucks

Definitely sucks but hey if it’s going to result in long term improvements.

I often think the MTA could fix so much of the system if people would just accept they need to close lines down for a while. So now I’m trying to practice what I preach here and be cool with the Path shutdown. Hopefully it doesn’t affect trains to 33rd st

This whole music video is pretty much an ad for the Oculus.

Side note: this is how architecture succeeds, when it begins to become a part of our cultural fabric.

With the upmost respect to the lives that were lost and the spirit of that proposal, I think that’s taking it a little bit over-the-top. We already have the Reflecting pools, the Museum, Liberty Park, Tribute in Light, & the Empty Sky Memorial. The New WTC campus should be allowed to develop its own identity, without being totally inundated with the imagery and symbolism of the past.

Agreed. The existing memorial dominates the campus, in an appropriate way. This is wildly unnecessary. Westfield loves to fill the floor with obstructions to commuters just trying to get to their train. I wish the PA would put their foot down and insist that this function as a train station first. This definitely doesn’t help.

It’s just an “Inspirational art concept and vision” as noted in the description