NEW YORK | Tower Fifth | 1556 FT | 96 FLOORS

So is it true that the design they released 2 months ago is not final? I seriously hope there’s a redesign

4 Likes

Ok. Got my Ms mixed up. Thanks.

2 Likes

I say we all try to convince the developers of 9 Dekalb ave to move their development to Manhattan. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Good things are happening!

Demo permit for one of the existing buildings. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

He is not messing around :slight_smile:

Does he need to purchase more neighboring buildings ?

1 Like

Macklowe definitely seems like a man of action. This thing is goofy looking, but I hope he gets it built or even something taller.

5 Likes

Yes he needs to buy another building or two just to have a large enough base floor plate to make buying the air rights viable. When he buys the St Patrick’s air rights we’ll know its on. That might be the largest air rights buy in city history

8 Likes

I’m still hoping for a redesign. If they go for what is currently proposed I’ll be very disappointed…but it’s not my choice for the design

6 Likes

this is on Gensler’s website btw. This is looking more and more legit by the week.

1 Like

I think It’ll happen, some alterations. Its still early in the process, and also the big Mack needs one more parcel to get the rights he needs. Plenty of time to alter it, but could also depend if an additional parcel is part of the assemblage.

4 Likes

He is a man of action. He divorced his wife, and got a another one a few months later. With towers, he seems to follow the same strategy. Finish with one, move on to the other.

The Big Mack!

5 Likes

I wonder if he’d go beyond 1600 feet lol

2 Likes

She’s pretty hot for an older broad.

P.S.: Chris – You and I and Robertotiam think alike!

3 Likes

3 Likes

Don’t forget me, Robert!!

2 Likes

You ‘da man, Lion.

3 Likes

I thought this was pretty ugly when I first saw the renderings. But I’ve grown to kinda like it in its own weird, off-kilter way. But I think it would look better if there was more space between the three blocks at the top of the building. That way, from a distance, they’d look like they’re floating on top of each other. Think Calatrava’s design for 80 South.

I’m also put off by the facade’s resemblance to 432 Park. If the two towers were farther away then I’d be okay with it. But they’re too close to each other to look so similar.

2 Likes

Via: https://www.gensler.com/projects/tower-fifth

8 Likes

^^^^^

Its looking like this design is the official one for now. :frowning:

I think some of us are hoping for a redesign, I know I am. This thing is rubbish! :poop:

8 Likes

I like it Chris!

It is really tall and modern. And if there’s going to be a slide and obs deck at the top, that’s amazing.

5 Likes