NEW YORK | Staircase (fmr. Hudson Yards 'Vessel') | 154 FT

I just noticed they took the scaffilding and construction elevator down, looks great! Can’t wait to climb it

Today. A flurry of activity on the site getting ready for opening day.

I walked by the area on Friday and I can’t help but wonder how they’re going to get the area presentable by the 15th, it seems almost impossible.

Seriously! I hope someone has a timelapse cam on this because it must be rushing like mad. They are lucky they got a good weather week at this point, a snow storm for example would probably tank it.

Friday’s forecast is rain.

6 Likes, 1 Comments - Joel Harper (@joelharperfit) on Instagram: “NYC’s new CALORIE BURNER! 💪 154 flights of stairs, almost 2,500 steps and 80 landings 🏃‍♂️ Can’t…”

and I thought my 4th floor walkup was a chore

So many Vessel and mall pictures on Instagram now.

Absolutely amazing pictures! I’m excited to see more tomorrow.

I am a sucker for those light posts. They look sorta whimsical.

Can’t believe how fast they cleared out the plaza!

Heatherwick is the anti-Foster. Every NYC project he’s done has exceeded expectations.

I was walking past Pier 55 yesterday and that looks like it’s shaping up to be amazing.

How to get tickets:
https://www.hudsonyardsnewyork.com/discover/vessel

1,357 Likes, 96 Comments - M I C H A E L   T.   Y O U N G (@mchlanglo793) on Instagram: ““Open to Below” • Thomas Heatherwick’s sculpture is finally open at @hudsonyards • #hudsonyards…”

307 Likes, 32 Comments - Trent Tesch (@teschtrent) on Instagram: “Looking down from the top of the Vessel #heatherwickstudio #design #hellohudsonyards #architecture…”

7 Likes, 0 Comments - Keith Whitney (@kwhit86) on Instagram: “It

Credit: Michael Young via NYY