NEW YORK | One Vanderbilt | 1,401 FT | 67 FLOORS

The way the sun catches the terra-cotta brings out a bit of the gold tints I was missing in the older renderings. It’s so scrumptious already. It’s beaming!

I agree. This is stunning!

Its always a nice ride in from the turnpike. Quite dramatic on a clear day.

Nice shots!
I think I had the exact sunglare on your 3rd shot. We may have only been minutes apart. I was there around 1:30-2pm yesterday.

Unfortunately when I was there the entire city was shaded by clouds, unlucky for me

You gotta go during late fall. Like early December, where its like that crisp, cool 45 F weather, and clear. Make sure its clear. Its the damn best view. Might as well stop somewhere, and get nice pretzels. NY pretzels, on a cool crisp day are fantastic.

1 Vanderbilt by NyConstructionPhoto, on Flickr

Great shots, ILNY. This is an icon!!!

This is looking great! It’s official, I’m a KPF fangirl!
(Fun fact- two of the founding members of KPF used to be in Kahn and Jacobs- when the firm merged with HOK, they split off, and formed KPF. So the gorgeous skyscrapers they’re designing are in a way, the descendants of Kahn and Jacobs’s buildings.

Thank you robertwalpole.

I posted this on ssp but will share:

In this city, anything 1250’ or great will be profound. The slight elevation boost will aid as well. Portion of 42nd heading East has a slight decline elevation wise. Would add a couple of feet to its perceived height from sea-level. If Vandy was built around 5th, around 6-8th Ave., it would gain close to a 60’ in terms of perceived height from sea level; 0’ AMSL. Which on a side note, CPT and 111 W57th will be bloody tall when viewed from lets say the river. So with those towers, add an extra 80-90’ illusion.

An elevation map as illustration via my flickr

elevation manhattan Vandy by Christopher Estevez, on Flickr

NY pretzels are pretty bad IMO - Better to get Auntie Anne’s or a mall pretzel. Philly’s pretzels are much, much better. NYC used to have some banging knishes, but they are way less common than they used to be. Anyway, this building’s cladding and massing are really great. Will be a modern rockstar next to the classic beauty, Chrysler.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BnU94ORFnt9/?taken-by=tjhinnyc

For ny street food, halal is where it’s at now. I’d eat that for breakfast lunch and dinner

I’m planning on going later this fall. I’m not really too fond of middle eastern food because i cant eat soybeans. What would be the best recommendation?

already putting 330 Madison to shame, hopefully its days are numbered

Ran into a iron worker from Vandy today and he said they’re getting 2 floors done every 6 days. I knew they were moving quick but that’s awesome.

Also, @WTC_Fan_1998 download the apps “Seamless” and “Uber Eats.” They’re food ordering apps but also help me look up places within a few blocks of me. Just type in what you want like “italian” or “BBQ” and it’ll list everything near you with reviews and stuff. Enjoy your visit!

I think that 330 Madison will be around for another 10 to 20 years. After that, it will come down.

I’ve spent a lot of time in that building — the current interior is quite new and high-end, and well taken care of. The facade was redone back in ‘11 or ‘12 as well. Some of the tenants there are paying massive rents and lots of ‘prestigious’ boutique banks, real estate firms and hedge funds operate out of there. I wouldnt bet on it coming down anytime soon.

Also it’s a Vornado building and so id assume they’d manage this property the same way they do penn plaza— if people are willing to pay for the space now, why bother spending billions redoing it?