NEW YORK | One Manhattan Square | 847 FT | 72 FLOORS

Today:

13 Likes

Credit: FC

11 Likes

split this topic #445

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: NEW YORK | 1 + 2 Manhattan West | 995 FT + 935 FT | 67 + 56 FLOORS

0 Likes

Credit: FC

14 Likes

14 Likes

8 Likes

Some crisp photos in there

4 Likes

Via landing.

Credit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7PGuKi3rS3c

5 Likes

If you want to know what its like to own an apartment in one manhattan square.
Here you go
5 Likes

Closings have officially begun, which has become a towering presence on the Lower East Side. The building has 815 apartments, and the first residents of the tower will begin moving in sometime this month.

3 Likes

When are they going to open that grocery store at the base so that the residents (and politicians) can see that these developments are making that area better for them, not worse like they feared.

This way, there might be less resistance to the other upcoming proposals although I doubt it but every little but less resistance helps.

5 Likes

8 Likes, 0 Comments - Marcin Golynski (@mr_dronez) on Instagram: “Another great photograph #nycskyline #myphotography #myportfolio #mypassion #dowhatyoulove…”

12 Likes

On the list of taking forever to finish:

9 Likes

Today

The facade on the podium looks like the base at 325 Kent across the river.

7 Likes

The bridge swallower.

Tectonic

9 Likes

I’m getting really tired of these billionaires building these ugly towers to give themselves incredible views of landmarks while ruining these iconic views for millions to enjoy.

It’s the very pinnacle of greed and selfishness.

1 Like

I can imagine a much worse eyesore than this sharing a photo with the worst-engineered East River Bridge.

I could see more people being up in arms if 1 MS were built next to the Brooklyn Bridge, but the Manhattan Bridge is the ugly unpopular low-IQ step-sister to greatness. By placing the four train tracks (corresponding to the heaviest loads the bridge endures) on the very edges of the structure Moissieff ensured that enough structural damage would be done that an $800M repair program would be necessary. That mostly represents 1990’s dollars and its still an open question as to whether it would have made more sense in the long term to replace it.

1 Like

Overall, I totally agree, but in this scenario I actually think it’s less bad than everybody thinks. The bridge still looks cool with the building behind it, imo, and the photos of the building aren’t really capturing how visually stunning it is. When I’ve seen this view in person it’s been futuristic and amazing

2 Likes

7 Likes

Tectonic

14 Likes