NEW YORK | One Manhattan Square | 847 FT | 72 FLOORS

A few more…

I only recently noticed that the narrow sides have actual copper panels between each floor. They’re flush with the glass windows. Could copper patina drip down and damage the windows? How does that work?

Great shots ILNY!

Good morning Manhattan! by jason pierce, on Flickr

If it stopped now it would be a monster. I am guess it still has another 30% more to go at least.

Pic by me. Taken today.

I think they just reached another set of mechanical floors. So they should have another 21+ floors to go before the top. They are about 2/3 of the way so far. Its amazing how huge it looks from everywhere, since there are no other tall buildings anywhere close. sort of how journal squared stands out and can be seen from evewhere.

Its definitely a landmark in the sense that if you don’t know where your at, it helps. Especially with Journal Square area. If anybody’s looking for the area and is unsure, just look at the mini 432 Park and go there (phase 1 for now as phase II and III will be taller). Kinda how 9 Dekalb will be a reference point or Court Tower for LIC. In the case of Greenpoint, 10 Huron is a good reference point for now… until a taller tower rises there. Which will happen!!!

Southwesterly facade detail - I understand why they may have used different glazing on the eastern and western exposures but two tone cladding makes the building look slightly tacky

The panels between windows are real copper. It may look nicer once they develop a green patina. It will certainly look different.

Ah, I didn’t catch that. But the glass is a different tint isn’t it? (or is that just a protective film?) I’ll ask my GF if she mixes copper bracelets with silver bangles - if she say’s ‘tacky’ I will report back.

Compared to the other face? Yes, I think you’re correct. The glass looks darker, and more brown instead of blue.

Up close and personal it’s very apparent. The North and South orientations look great but the brown glass looks like a recycled corporate HQ from the 1970s.

the city that never sleeps by Benno Dierauer, on Flickr

Credit: [URL=“”]SHoPArchitects[/URL]