NEW YORK | Central Park Tower (217 W 57th St.) | 1,550 FT | 131 FLOORS

Calling Mr. Boehner!

it’s a decent tower with height and a neat cantilever, but it’s a waste of AS+GG’s talent.
see:

It could have been better , but it’s still really nice.

I agree.

Great pics RW, I I just don’t seem to remember a setback at the beginning of the cantelever on the south side, hope that gets squared up to the other part of the tower, but maybe not.

Thanks, Kraig.

This seems to correspond to the rendering.

Let’s hope the spires do too if they pull a Chrysler on us!

If you zoom these picture a small progress can be seen.

Nice photos, Dimitri!!

The crown makes 220 CPS. It’s like the AT&T/Sony Building on Madison. It was just a box until its Chippendale top transformed it into a masterpiece!

Nice shots, NYC!

My opinion is that 10 more meters of height would make 220 cps much more interesting, since it would be supertall.

I’ve been waiting for this to appear clearly above the park. It’ll be fun to watch it clearly rise now. I definitely feel like the pace has increased exponentially. I like 220 CP, but I find the design a little bland. They should have made it taller. I am much more excited for this tower.

I saw that article. Do you think that’s bad news or just kind of expected at this point?

I looked back into the thread about a year ago. We’ve actually come quite a long way in a year, especially considering they had to build a cantilever for what will be the tallest building in the city. Hopefully the lack of the final loan won’t slow down progress too much from here though.

It appears that we will see a setback on the south facade in about the next ten stories.

Bromeo