NEW YORK | 80 South St | 1,436 FT | 113 FLOORS

Yea, i do believe this will be residential, therefore no need for a anchor tenant.

Even so the Luxury and Hyper luxury market is quite saturated.

There’s plenty of demand downtown. This isn’t a hyper-luxury project anyway.

With all of the constraints on Chinese capital, I wonder if china Oceanwide will sell this site. It depends, I guess, on whether they’re in good favor politically.

I didn’t want to believe the Chinese govt pressure on Chinese developers spending overseas would affect this tower. Despite it being a different developer here, this still seems like a big red flag .

http://www.chicagobusiness.com/realestate/20180130/CRED03/180139992/vista-tower-project-for-sale

Chinese billionaire Wang Jianlin’s Dalian Wanda Group has put its last two overseas property developments up for sale, including the $900 million Vista Tower in Chicago, according to people familiar with the matter, in the latest unwinding of a decade-long overseas buying spree that put it in the cross-hairs of Chinese regulators.
[…]
Wanda hasn’t made a final decision to sell the projects, and could opt to keep them, one of the people said. Wanda has estimated that its combined investment costs in the projects is $2.1 billion.

The sales would be the latest in a wave of real estate disposals by Wanda in recent months to raise money, amid rising Chinese government scrutiny of how it financed a decade-long overseas expansion into luxury real estate and entertainment assets.
[…]

I concur.

The Chinese exodus continues. Nothing on Oceanwide yet.

I agree. Pizzarotti should buy it.

I imagined what the view would look like from this tower at the same height

Around 950 feet high

With buildings proposed and under construction

Still 1,436 feet, hopefully it stays that tall

that’s an old, NIMBY case study.

Whoops!

This stuff really cracks me up. NYC has the most skyscrapers in the country and most of the world. This has to be a joke

Yea it’s crazy that people are criticizing skinny suprtalls when they are the rare modern buildings that actually have a bit of sophistication/interest.

People should be criticizing the high rise condos with 0 character and lots of balconies, not these decent suprtalls.

Is this building actually going to be built or forever be considered a proposal?

Per China Oceanwide Holdings’ Annual Report, as of December 31, 2017 the plan for the site is not yet determined.

The cost of owning that small parcel of land in Manhattan alone must be very high. I did see in March of this year the company issued a warning regarding a significant decline in profit for 2017. The financial health of the company is one possible explanation for the lack of activity.

The argument that new supertall residential buildings would overload neighborhood schools does not seem to take into account the fact that, as just one example, the 45 Broad development will include 93,900 square feet dedicated to a school.

Thanks. It doesn’t bode well that this will be built anytime soon.