NEW YORK | 53W53 (Tower Verre) | 1,050 FT | 73 FLOORS

11 Likes
11 Likes

7 Likes

9 Likes

Why is it taking so long to bring that crane down?

2 Likes

Probably because it’s on a building that’s designed like one we’ve never seen before, the cranes were hanging off the side on the platform. The yellow crane is down, that crane you see it the smaller Derrick crane that took down the yellow crane

2 Likes

When will the missing cladding on the south face be filled in? do they need the derrick crane for installing it?

8 Likes

Yes, I suspect the crane will help them with the southern facade. Welcome to the forums btw Mr H!

3 Likes

I predict all of the glass to be filled in by end of summer, including where construction elevators are. And I believe they don’t install glass with cranes, they do it by hand on the buildings floors

2 Likes

Yeah, they typically use a pulley system from the floor above to lower the pane in place. However, I have seen tower cranes used for facade installation at 111 Murray and 50 West so it’s not that unusual.

2 Likes

How are the panes brought up? Also, what then brings down the derrick? I’d imagine the derrick itself is pretty heavy.

2 Likes

The planes are usually brought up on the hoists in wooden crates. They have them all stored on the floors, so that when the hoist is removed the panes are already in place for installation

6 Likes

I think the Derrick is taken apart by hand and goes down the construction elevator in parts

4 Likes

Taken today:

11 Likes

anyone know what that tower under construction is?

edit: I misjudged the location. Looks like the Victoria theater tower in Central Harlem.

1 Like

As amazing as these towers are, I don’t like this new skyline ‘in silhouette’ lol.

2 Likes

Wow! You’re great photographer.

1 Like

This tower is now crane-less

8 Likes

18 Likes

A work of art.

3 Likes