NEW YORK | 50 Hudson Yards (504-522 W 34th) | 985 FT | 58 FLOORS

That’s true. Related has no shortage of $.

I must say they have good taste.

I agree. Let’s hope for the best.

Assuming that BlackRock is going to 50 HY, I really hope that Tishman redesigns its Spiral proposal. I’d like to see two, multi-use towers with a plaza in the middle, rather than the one uber bulky proposal from Bjarke.

Also, whether one likes Trump or despises him, I’m pleased to see NY as the political power center!

It’s official sort of… Pretty much a done deal!!!

BlackRock chooses Hudson Yards for new home

Financial giant BlackRock has settled on 50 Hudson Yards for its new Manhattan headquarters, sources told The Post.

Although both a BlackRock rep and a source at Hudson Yards developer insisted that “nothing is signed,” a different source familiar with the negotiations said, “An announcement might come as early as next week.”

BlackRock is currently based at Park Avenue Tower (65 E. 55th St.) and 40 E. 52nd St., where it has a combined 700,000 square feet.

It has been eying a new home with close to 1 million square feet.

The company would be the anchor tenant of the planned, 2.3 million square-foot 50 Hudson Yards tower on Tenth Avenue between West 33rd and 34th streets — just north of Related’s fast-rising 30 Hudson Yards, where Time Warner and KKR have signed deals to move their headquarters.

The move by BlackRock wouldn’t occur until about 2023, when its current leases are up. But the impending loss from East Midtown of a tenant as important as BlackRock would be yet another blow to the once-premier Midtown office district, which the city is trying to rezone to prevent further defections.

BlackRock, headed by its founder, Laurence D. Fink, is the world’s largest asset manager and oversees over $5 trillion in assets.

After eliminating the World Trade Center as a possible new home, BlackRock has been reported to have had talks with Related Cos. and partner Oxford for 50 Hudson Yards and also with Tishman Speyer for its proposed supertall tower nearby, called The Spiral.

But it’s now settled on 50 Hudson Yards, our sources said.

Great news, VG!

I hope that Foster delivers a great design. I also hope that this prompts Tishman to redesign the Spiral into two 1.5m sf towers instead of a bulky 3m sf monolith for which there don’t seem to be any tenants.

Unless Tishman can snag Chase, BR seemed to be the last 1m sf user which is necessary to finance a 3m sf tower.

I hope they don’t chase needs to head home to FiDi.

I agree. I hope that they anchor 2 WTC.

“After eliminating the World Trade Center as a possible new home…”

Not happening :confused:

When did they eliminate 2 WTC?

Yes! Two, 1.5 mil sq foot towers would be the best option I feel. Would mitigate the risk.

I agree, Chris.

I assume that’s not the design, as it looks nothing like Foster’s work.

I agree! I’m definitely expecting something completely different.

BlackRock Signs Preliminary Pact to Move to Manhattan’s West Side

BlackRock deal includes $25 million in state tax credits

Hudson Yards, where BlackRock has preliminarily agreed to move.

Hudson Yards, where BlackRock has preliminarily agreed to move.

Dec. 7, 2016 9:27 p.m. ET

BlackRock Inc. signed a preliminary agreement to move to Manhattan’s West Side, according to people familiar with the matter.

The world’s largest money manager will receive $25 million in tax credits from the state over 10 years and must create 700 new jobs during the period, one of the people said. The firm currently employs 2,700 people in New York and has other staff in Princeton, N.J. The New York economic development agency, Empire State Development, aims to spur job creation and business growth within the state.

BlackRock’s agreement with Related Cos. will move the firm’s headquarters to 50 Hudson Yards, part of a large new development along the Hudson River built by the developer and Oxford Properties Group. The company currently fills about 700,000 square feet of space on 31 floors of multiple buildings on 52nd Street between Madison and Park Avenue. It has been based near Park Avenue since it was founded in 1988.

BlackRock, which has $5.1 trillion in assets under management, has been searching for a potential new headquarters throughout 2016.

The firm’s search has been among the largest, most sought-after mandates in Manhattan at a time when banks that were long marquee tenants have shrunk their footprints.

The firm agreed to a 20-year lease for 850,000 square feet. It will fill 15 floors in the planned building, moving most employees to trading floor-style floor plans. Its lease also includes a 400-person auditorium.

It plans to move into the new building in the fall of 2022.

—Keiko Morris contributed to this article.

It’s really lame.

Is this official??

Yes from press release this AM