NEW YORK | 50 Hudson Yards (504-522 W 34th) | 1,011 FT | 58 FLOORS

Just NYC

Let’s hope that old Norm doesn’t strike out again on Park.

Pic by me. Taken today.

20181116_114119 by Christopher Estevez, on Flickr

Unfortunate for Rob, but looks to already be rising quick. The photo above shows the core already 1 floor above the foundation and that was earlier this month, plus on another photo I saw them making concrete columns here

I expect this to top out at the very end of 2019 or early 2020

2020 is generous given the massive floor plates and union thuggery. I would estimate some time in 2021.

Yea you’re right. But they do move pretty damn fast with these concrete towers

union thuggery. thats a hot take.

Perhaps. I’m no opponent of unions, but I draw the line at reports like this. Fortunately, I think the matter has already been settled and a deal has been reached, but things got pretty ugly when the union boys threw a hissy fit about the use of non-union labor. Slashed tires and other forms of intimidation were reported on site. Us vs them has no place in the workforce.

The BCTC — which represents 100,000 New York City workers from various unions — has been picketing Related’s 50 Hudson Yards for more than a year because the developer hired some nonunion construction workers.

This spring, the developer responded by slamming the group and its head, Gary LaBarbera, with two lawsuits, accusing BCTC of inflating construction costs and using “thug-like” tactics during demonstrations, which disrupted work at the site.

Foster makes me nauseous.

the infamous nonunion rat is on site

I spotted that rat the other day at a McDonalds. Although that McDonalds did have an A rating, so IDK what the fuss is about! :man_shrugging:

New roof design?

Yup, I posted some newer renders a few months back and the zoning diagram shows that

The core alone is huge. I know it will taper as it rises, but I can imagine the core eventually looking like 432 park ave minus 400 feet. Sorry about the mediocre camera

I’m pleased that this isn’t floor to ceiling glass. Maybe we’ll be pleasantly surprised? :crossed_fingers:

This is going to be Foster’s take on 55 Water Street which is about 3M sf w/o the little annex. 50 HY will have a more pronounced base, (hopefully) nicer facade and higher slab to slab height but the massing is more or less the same.