NEW YORK | 50 Hudson Yards (504-522 W 34th) | 1,011 FT | 58 FLOORS

50 Hudson Yards by NyConstructionPhoto, on Flickr

Great shots!

Anyone know what that tunnel is for on the southwest corner? Is it some sort of underground access from the 7 train over to 30hy and the mall maybe?

No sure but that might be connection to pneumatic garbage disposal system that HY will have.

http://www.nydailynews.com/life-style/real-estate/trash-handled-pneumatic-tube-hudson-yards-article-1.1846588

This is such a massive footprint. Appears to be about 80,000 square feet.

My Google Earth measurements (350×200) came to 70,000ft^2

I still can’t believe this is the final design :unamused:

Height bump?

Foster is terrible.

This looks like it will be one of the largest buildings in terms of floor space in the city. Its not that tall but it has mass.

The original proposal with all the setbacks was great.

The rendering reminds of what One New York Plaza would like if they were building it in 2018. That’s not a compliment!

http://a810-bisweb.nyc.gov/bisweb/JobsQueryByNumberServlet?requestid=8&passjobnumber=123151515&passdocnumber=01

This tower is a huge disappointment.

I am so unenthused by this forthcoming banal pile.

lol I don’t know why I enjoy seeing you write how much you despise this tower every other comment. You must have 50 Hudson nightmares.

I think it will be OK if the materials are superb. I don’t like how it blocks 30 HY from the north, but I guess that’s just NYC construction.

I’m just hoping for a pleasantly surprised reaction when it is done.

This tower is a dud, but at least it’s not just a blue glass box. I’m far more concerned about 3 Hudson and what a blight that’ll be. People will be too busy looking at the rest of the yard to even notice this box.

But is it a wasted opportunity? Of course.

I thinks that 3 HY will turn out very well. I suspect that the original design will rise.

Remember the older design with all the setbacks? Almost like a very fat steinway?