NEW YORK | 30 Hudson Yards | 1,268 FT | 90 FLOORS

Same, I thought it would be done by then too

2 Likes

well this is concerning.

11 Likes

Is it? It’s safety glass. It shattered in place; the lamination held. No glass shards fell. The fence barrier was maintained. I see a well-engineered product working as designed.

And it was likely something construction-related that struck the glass.

9 Likes

Amazing how quickly the back elevator came down and glass went up

14 Likes

6 Likes

Great photo! I wonder what the link is for that Earthcam? It looks to be pointed at the Spiral.

2 Likes

6 Likes

Via aerial landing.

Credit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7PGuKi3rS3c

6 Likes

6 Likes

Credit: FC

11 Likes

Hell yes! I’m so glad they’re actually doing this!

10 Likes

Sign me up. Probably $$$ though

5 Likes

I thought they were kidding about that lol. Nice.

6 Likes

Maybe Related thought they needed an ‘extreme’ option to ensure they competed with all of the other obs decks there are/will be.

After 9/11 there was only ESB. Now there will be WTC, ESB, 30 Rock, 1 Vandy and 30 HY. My money is on 1 Vandy changing out their obs floors for more offices before 2030.

In the meantime we can hope the competition will shorten wait times and push prices down.

6 Likes

The observation floors are nearly 2 times taller than the office floors, I don’t see why thats a necessity for offices

1 Like

The double-height floors have nothing to do with it.

I doubt there is enough demand for observation decks to support WTC, ESB, 30 Rock, 1 Vandy and 30 HY. I don’t even include Macklowe’s project because that one isn’t firmly in the pipeline as of yet.

I’m suggesting that at least one of the new projects won’t last as an obs deck and the floors will be re-purposed for offices at some point.

3 Likes

I’d actually say there is plenty of demand to support all of them – ESB, WTC, and Rock are constantly filled to the brim. Even if you divided the number of visitors by three or four there would still be enough visitors to be profitable. Spreading visitors out over five instead of the current three isn’t impossible at all

2 Likes

Soon enough we’ll have tower fifth blowing them all out of the water.

1 Like

T5 really seems unlikely to me. If it happens, it will almost definitely have to wait till after the next recession… it’s getting too late for this season

2 Likes

8 Likes