NEW YORK | 30 Hudson Yards | 1,268 FT | 90 FLOORS

I need to visit that site: not been there yet. I think I am going to jump on a city bike later today and cruise the site while happen to be in the vicinity . I know it is cold, but all the better my chances for snagging one of the electric bikes. I my hands are not to frozen to take pics, I will post them tomorrow.

Robert, you and I have been saying this for awhile now in regards to the Lincoln ramps.
For an island that โ€œhas no space,โ€ it sure has a ton of absolutely wasted space!

Those ramps definitely need to be put to better use, but a new MSG will require a superblock of at least 2 north-south blocks merged together. It also canโ€™t really be more than 3 blocks from a subway station.

I despise the current MSG, its pathetic management and sports franchises but that particular spot wouldnโ€™t work.

So is there a workable spot? I vaguely recall the possible use of land south of the old post office (now becoming the Amtrak station). Am I fantacizing?

They talked about the 9th Ave side of the Post Office, but that went nowhere.

The problem is that the governor is giving the Dolans carte Blanche to keep that broken arena in its current location, all to the detriment of 650,000 New Yorkers who risk their lives in that gloomy rat warren which festers under the worst arena in professional sports.

Id far prefer this become a park. NYC needs higher density buildings and more green spaces.

TECTONIC

Queens.

Iโ€™m not a huge Stringer fan, but I hope he sticks to his guns as he has more influence now.
msg28n-3-web

Move it to LIC, and rebuild Penn Station:

https://www.rebuildpennstation.org/master-plan

Manhattan is the center of the universe. Realistically, thereโ€™s no way MSG will leave the island.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/SRTp37kTXPUbvVQx9

Impressive!

Wowโ€ฆgood idea to link back to the beginning. Sometimes you forget how long itโ€™s actually been. I feel like Iโ€™ve lived a lifetime, watching some of these projects materialize.

Some fantastic photos of these new buildings, with the architectural artistry being the star of the show. I would not know for sure; but I can surmise that architecture firms love binge watching these forums - having their work showcased so beautifully.

Observation deck opens in December

I was kind of hoping I could go up there when I visit this Summer, but whatever. Will be cool to see the shots from up there!