NEW YORK | 3 World Trade Center | 1,079 FT | 68 FLOORS

For the first time in 17 years fencing is completely gone around the Trade Center on Church Street.

Today:

It looks like more of the space around 3 was opened. I did notice a cladding strip that seems to be missing? How will they add it if the space below it has been opened to the public?

From Earthcam.

They’ll probably have a crew come on site with lifts and close it off temporarily

Delete

Or use the BMU

Finally filling in that remaining section of the facade:

You were watching for that too?:wink:

Lol it’s been driving me nuts! Looks like they were just test fitting the pieces because they took it back down. Hopefully it’ll be done before the end of the year.

Done. :slight_smile:

Today:

Looks like they opened the pathway behind the building. I see pedestrians in that area now. Just in time for the end of the year.

via Earthcam

They are taking 70,000 sq ft on the 39th and 40th floors.

Building 2 wtc would be a topper to Silverstein’s cake if he manages to fully lease his completed buildings first. That’s probably the priority even if they’re trying to snag an anchor. This puts 3 WTC around 40%, while his other towers are already virtually filled. 1 WTC (owned by Durst and the PA of course) is over 80% as well.

I hate how effective subway ads are. I got my mattress from Casper a few years ago when they were still in Soho? Cool to see them take off and move into a bigger space.

This. Once all the other space is filled, there’ll be reason and demand to build the final tower. Unfortunately, a slowdown seems imminent and we might have to wait yet one more building cycle for 2 to be built

So is the Casper bed good? I was considering one a while ago.

Hudson River Trading moving from 4 WTC to the top 4 floors of 3 WTC…

slowly but surely chipping away at a tremendous amount of space. It seems faster recently. Hopefully by 2021 they’ll be closer to 75%, if not greater.

That means that the terrace at 4WTC will be available once again.