NEW YORK | 3 World Trade Center | 1,079 FT | 68 FLOORS

The view down 5th avenue is duller with 3 WTC blocking 4 WTC.

It’s funny you say that because I actually like the building overall but I’ve noticed I don’t really like viewing it from the north. Something about it’s profile from that angle is unappealing to me. I think it would’ve looked better had they not taken the spires off but oh well.

btw welcome to the forums colrain!

Does anyone have any views of Three WTC from the east side? The Liberty Harbor Camera on EarthCam is down, and I wanna see the progress.

It’s incredible that NONE of those tall buildings were there 5 or 6 years ago!

Thanks for the welcome. The issue with 3 WTC is that it’s flat. The angled glass of 1 WTC and 4 WTC do special things with the light. Shame we’ll never see it again.

Tonight’s lunar eclipse occurring next to the Trade Center!

the lunar eclipse is this afternoon, unfortunately.

Three World Trade Center today, photo by EarthCam. Does anyone have views of the south facade of Three WTC? The Harborcam is down, which was the only way I could see the progress.

Nice!!!

Looks like the glass is up to the parapet!

Anybody know when the eastern crane is coming down?

All cranes are down

Earthcam
Unless you mean the one on the bottom left corner? That’s taking down the elevators that put in the cladding and cross bracing

This is not a bad building. The exterior networks of cross beams give some pizzazz to what otherwise would have been a pretty boring tower. Some additional flourishes at the tops of the tower and/or the cross beam bays would have made it better. But compared to the many mundane glass buildings recently put up elsewhere in the city this one gets at least a couple of stars.

This one, @Thomas_Koloski

Yesterday

That platform puts the cladding on, should be removed once glass is finished

August 11th, 2017

(3WTC)

One WTC looks absolutely stunning in this shot. I always thought she was pretty, but this is just absolutely wonderful. Great shot, NYCD