NEW YORK | 271-283 South Street | 724 FT | 62 FLOORS

LES Could Be Getting Two More Gigantic Residential Towers

At 271-283 South Street, developer Starrett Corp. is planning a 60-story building with 740 apartments, with some affordable units, as Starrett plans to participate in the mayor’s Inclusionary Housing program.

These towers will be in addition to the currently under-construction, 80-story tower, One Manhattan Square, that’s being developed by Extell, and a 77-story tower being developed by JDS. :slight_smile: And local residents are rightfully annoyed. Along with the support of their elected officials they’re calling on the city to either put these projects through a Uniform Land Use Review Procedure [ULURP] or move to rezone the neighborhood that would restrict the height of buildings to 350 feet.

“rightfully annoyed” tssssssk

- 724’
- 62 floors
- 732 apartments

:beers:

Nice!!

The view from Manhattan Br

In the article it says that the design in preliminary, but I think that’s a decent start!

Very fantastic news.

This tower looks amazing. Purely coming out of my mind, but EXTELL seems to be a trend setter. It first built ONE57 and now 57st is a supertall hotspot. I believe it first proposed building a tall building on the LES (One Manhattan Square), and it also planned to build One Hudson Yards on Hudson Yards, while that was never built we all know how Hudson Yards is doing now.

Credit: http://www.thelodownny.com/leslog/2016/12/happening-tonight-meeting-on-mega-towers-in-two-bridges-area.html

Any news on this moving forwards? Where did you find this render?
It looks good!