NEW YORK | 220 Central Park S | 952 FT | 70 FLOORS

Well, I checked the website. Vornado has done so well with this building, you have to register as a prospective buyer in order to get to see the floor plans. I did not spend a lot of time looking at this, maybe someone else knows better.

I’m starting to think the construction hoist is part of the final design. Maybe it’s so you can bring your rolls royce phantom right up to your condo :smile:

Is the elevator finally coming down?

What will happen first?

1. 220 CPS hoist comes down
  2. 56 Leonard bean arrives
  3. 2WTC gets a tenant

In that exact order! :upside_down_face:

Might as well add the Star Wars 9 title reveal to that list

The 56 Leonard bean won’t simply “arrive.” It will require a lengthy assembly process from what I know about its structure. Chicago’s bean also took a long time to put together and 56 may well be more complex because of its location under a cantilever. We will see.

Re: the bean, this article about its delay is a year old: https://tribecacitizen.com/2018/02/01/why-56-leonards-sculpture-is-delayed/comment-page-1/ Not disputing this is an incredibly difficult engineering task, but REAL TALK, it’s incredibly delayed.

You are totally correct. That article also is my source for the structural issues. But the bean plan is way, way behind schedule.

I hope it hasn’t been scrapped altogether.

The journalist who did that article was really awesome. I think his name was Erik… he had really good info and insight on the downtown real estate. He moved out west or something and now the site is run by someone else

NYMAN2010 on Flickr

The elevator is coming down

Praise Ramses!