NEW YORK | 200 Greenwich St (2WTC) | 1,348 FT | 88 FLOORS | ON HOLD

Yeah
He has expressed that he really cares about this tower

The Foster design just works. lol.

I was sketching out designs to see what ones I could make that fit for tower two, only one really worked.

I worked with it a bit in paint, and considering this is a quick custom design it isn’t meant to be god’s work, but I came up with something like this:

I tried to make something that both set back and forward in ways (Foster’s sloped back at the roof, BIG’s toppled inwards) and I wanted it to complement towers 3 and 4. (3’s shoulders are at 4’s roof and setback, so I tried to continue that) so that was the outcome I had.

The lobby part was an afterthought and wasn’t meant to be emphasized much, but I included it.

If i was 87 years old and worth $4 billion like Larry, I’d be fronting the construction costs to get a building rising now before I die. As in steel rising ASAP. I would want to see this site finished before I’m 6 feet under and have my legacy preserved. The building should still be standing 1,000 years from now (if we don’t destroy our planet before then) so I really don’t see the fixation on building some customized design for the first large tenant that signs a lease. There will always be a demand for Class A office space in Manhattan, esp. near transit centers. If you really want to be a hero, then rent floorspace at a discounted rate to nonprofits, schools, and cultural institutions for the first 10 years. Your kids won’t go hungry at night Mr. Silverstein! Worry about your legacy over your pockets, that’s what real Gs do!

All you capitalists can set me straight in the comments but this is my “Pretending I’m Larry Silverstein” fantasy and I wanted to put it in writing! BUILD IT NOW!

Being worth $4 billion is a lot different than having access to $4 billion (which is probably how much 2 will cost given how much 1 did).
When they say ‘worth $4 Billion’ it would mean him selling off all his other projects

Also sidenote to all y’all Larry haters— don’t forget that the other bidder was Donald trump.