NEW YORK | 200 Greenwich St (2WTC) | 1,348 FT | 88 FLOORS | ON HOLD

dont hold your breath…
I’d guess three weeks at the soonest, 2045 at the latest

So anxious about this ! I’ve been wanting the Foster Tower since the design was first released. There’s something so New York about the tower to me.

But if there’s one thing that being an enthusiast of architecture includes, it’s constant disappointment. Still, excited to see what’s in store.

maybe they can go for one singular diamond at the same angle with the metallic trim.

That would be nearly impossible for the light to reflect in that way, but I could see it being a symbolic nod to the pools and memorial, akin to the smurfit stone building in Chicago.

Do we think it will be 1348’ or 1270’? Should have just pulled over 30 HY and had it face the memorial.

I’ve gone through an unbelievable rollercoaster of emotions reading this thread.
I’m pretty sure the diamonds will get cut.
If there is one thing you can count on in this world is Larry being a schmuck.
I can see it coming.
No matter the outcome what we can take from this mess will be that the management of this site has been a disgrace.
A disgrace to the city of New York and the US as a whole.

DB’s profits have been weak. They’ll get a good deal at their current location and will renew.

Can they fit everything downtown? Friend of mine said they want to consolidate.

One diamond would work, and potentially wouldn’t seem that bad. I hope that’s what they go for…
Norman Foster will not fail us.
DB is hemorrhaging billions of dollars a year, and, unless circumstances change soon, will be forced to leave the US investment banking industry. That said, WTC rents are actually competitively low, certainly less expensive than HY or plaza district. I’d give a 50/50 chance they go through with this.

Besides 60 wall they have a couple floors at 345 Park. The groups there are mainly operating somewhat independently from DB altogether, but are pretty anemic these days due to post-recession regulation.

Everyone is speculating too much. This Will not lose the diamonds.

Diamonds but shorter. :joy: Kidding.

Though if the worst comes to pass and 270 is Landmark JPC could always come in

I never liked the asymmetrical, disjointed diamond motif at the top of 2WTC, particularly the empty parapet, which is very reminiscent of the 5 Beekman tower.

The skyline has changed dramatically around the WTC site, hopefully if there’s a redesign they take that into account.

2nd concept

Guys lets keep it on topic. :slight_smile:

• Chris E.

Can someone ban this guy?

Honestly dont understand why 2 wtc hasn’t found a Tennant yet Fosters Design is the way forward hope construction will at least start by the end of the year its the only build left to do .

Hudson Yards and Midtown East have been gobbling up all the potential tenants for 2 WTC. Skadden went to Manhattan West, Blackrock to 50 HY, Pfizer to BIG’s Spiral, Chase is doing their own thing, TD Bank went to 1 Vanderbilt, etc… Deutsche Bank is our only hope for an anchor in the near future.

Whatever happened to that gent with the insider info? All his comments are gone. We were apparently supposed to hear something by this month. It’s the last week of March. DB why are playing with out hearts?!