NEW YORK | 200 Greenwich St (2WTC) | 1,348 FT | 88 FLOORS | ON HOLD

I’d love to see them move to Detroit or STL. That would be huge for either city.

Just talked to some friends in the RE industry. I wouldn’t get my hopes up for Amazon to NYC.

Apparently mass transit is one of Amazon’s requirements. Also, easy access to four cities, including Washington and NYC.

Philly and Baltimore have some basic subway infrastructure, and good service to those cities via Amtrak.

NY hits every mark with flying colors. I think it will come down to how much the winner ponies up in incentives.

Eh. I think NYC going to be too expensive for them. Newark, maybe, although I think they’d rather be in a better downtown.

They should come to Denver and build us the signature tower we need! You New Yorkers have enough! :wink:

Ahh didn’t know that, but it would be great to anchor either cities with this development. That would really push them past post industrial recovery like they have been doing in recent years.

Cities and states will fall all over themselves in a race to the bottom to see who can give up the most to Amazon…it’s usually a losing proposition

I don’t think that will be an issue. The subsidies will.

I think that NY offers the most, but if Chicago or Boston gives them a much better deal, that’s where they’ll go.

If you ask me, if we are talking tri-state, I would like a place like Newark NJ to get it. Might be the massive boost that it needs. Newark is untapped potential. Granted it’s growing, but not fast enough. It would really aid it from a residential market standpoint too. Revitalize downtown and the surrounding neighborhoods North and North West of downtown.

short informations & Larry Silverstein Interview

(And 2 World Trade, a 2.8-million-square-foot office space, larger than 3WTC, will come last.

“I hope when we’re all done here in 2022 at the conclusion of… tower two that people say we’ve done a good job,” Silverstein said.)

About 2WTC:
With 3 World Trade Center poised for its opening, Silverstein’s proposed fourth building, 2 World Trade Center, still needs an anchor tenant to help with the financing.

A Silverstein spokesman acknowledged the signing of a major tenant would make financing and construction of 2 World Trade Center an easier proposition.

“It is possible to get financing for a 100% speculative building such as 2 World Trade Center, but it is difficult,” he acknowledged. “(It’s) easier with an anchor tenant in place.”

They would build 2WTC, but with an anchor tenant it would be easier.

So they can build it now, but they aren’t

I have just a few words to say: Start The Dang Thing

I don’t believe he could financd this without a huge tenant commitment.

I would choose a much more colorful word than ‘Dang’ but you’ve got the right idea lol

I can’t believe that this building could’ve been well off the ground by now.