NEW YORK | 200 Greenwich St (2WTC) | 1,348 FT | 88 FLOORS | ON HOLD

Nice!

Did BIG post that ?

I hope they get a tenant.

Bjarke Ingels posted it himself

Hope a new tenant wants a different design.

Honestly, if any office building in NYC should be built on spec, it should be this one. The fact that the WTC needs to be completed should be more than enough of a reason to just move ahead and finish it. I know Larry thinks that BIG’s design will attract more tenants but the foundation for Foster’s design is already in place and it will save time and money, which tends to be a major goal for developers. Also, Foster has proven that he’s more than capable of designing buildings for media-based tenants (ex: Comcast Tech Center in Philly).

Thx, Tom

This photo looks like a gravestone for Foster’s 2 WTC :laughing:

I’m not sure if either design will be built. Larry can’t land a tenant.

Isn’t he still negotiating with tenants?

Supposedly.

I think this looks great and hope that it’s built soon, despite my doubts.

I have faith in Larry landing a tenant and the complex (minus 5 World Trade) being completed by 2021.

Is 5wtc really still a possibility? I was under the impression it was completely canceled

5 World Trade will rise eventually. The real estate is too valuable.

I believe the intention of the Port Authority is to sell 5 WTC site. I’m just not sure what they are waiting for.

http://wtc.com/media/news/15-years-after-911-larry-silverstein-finally-recreated-wtc

“The last piece of this entire puzzle will be Tower 2—the final linchpin in the rebuilding of the Trade Center,” said Silverstein, referring to the Bjarke Ingles-designed building, whose fate remains uncertain after a deal to anchor the building with News Corp. and 20th Century Fox went south. “When that building is done, which will be about 2021, my job will be finished here.”

Better tenant & better taste :slight_smile:

I don’t know why you hate this tower, Tech.

I think it’s stunning. The setbacks alone look great, but the series of cantilevers which give the illusion of leaning looks really awesome.

I’ll be happy with either tower. I like the Ingels and Foster versions.

I just want the WTC completed.

I agree. This tower belongs anywhere but the Trade Center. It is way to awkward looking from the North and the only decent angle is from the memorial in my opinion. I hope and pray for a brand new design, one at the very least on par with Fosters.

Of course I loves Foster’s desigm, but this is cool AF!