NEW YORK | 18 Sixth Avenue (Pacific Park B4) | 511 FT | FLOORS

The Greenland-led partnership also said on Monday it would break ground in early 2019 on a long-stalled, 500-foot-tall apartment tower next door to Barclays Center. A rendering of the project is shown here for the first time.

6 Likes

Glad to hear this whole development is still moving forward. The new redesign looks good.

This is what the taller one looked like before ( the old SHoP design.).

It would be cool to have the uniformity of all 3 building being the same. But the first 2 are a bit cartoonish. The new design looks more elegant and modern.

1 Like

The new design reminds me of CetraRuddy’s 500 summit design.

2 Likes

I think they may be starting here soon. The previous articles from last fall stated they would start in early 2019.

5 Likes

7 Likes

Wonder how long before the mall on the other side of Atlantic gets redeveloped, all that air space.

3 Likes

Looks good!

I still would have preferred Ratner not implode and instead build out the full Gehry-envisioned complex.

ShoP’s arena looks great, but in the end its a favorable result from a half measure.

I still wonder what we could’ve seen here if Extell had developed the area when they were making a stink about the project all those years ago.

2 Likes

The Gehry plan would have been a massive landmark. Now anywhere, USA.

2 Likes

I had never heard that Gehry had a design proposal here. Looked pretty cool. Definitely would have been more of a landmark.

4 Likes

Wow, that is some tortured archibabble in that slideshow. Really stretching it with this pretentious nonsense about a sculpted gem. Is anybody really buying that as the design inspiration?

But eh, it’s not hideous. Just build it!

5 Likes

Yeah that’s some BS about it being a sculpted icon. No way.

I agree - it is decent though. Just build it.

2 Likes

“the gem, the crystal, the rock” :roll_eyes:

…when words are used to polish a turd.

2 Likes

“Creating A Sculptured Icon” I think they liked the Gehry design too!

1 Like