NEW YORK | 125 Greenwich St | 912 FT | 72 FLOORS

Chetrit bought the PoS at 100 Trinity and the equally repugnant 90 Trinity in 2006 or 2007 from NYU. Both buildings house public high schools for thugs. I lived and worked by there for a very long time, and it’s not a good crowd.

Fortunately, the Dep’t of Ed’s/NYC Juvenile Prison System’s lease ends soon. Something good will rise here.

“…two adjacent buildings housing two city high schools are on the block and could fetch between $60 million and $75 million.

James Kuhn, president of Newmark Knight Frank is handling the marketing and did not return calls for comment.

The Department of Education’s leases at 90 Trinity Place and 100 Trinity Place run out over the next two to four years, and with schools in short supply in the area, could be renewed.

But the trick is that the buildings, which abut the American Stock Exchange, total 175,000 feet and include an additional 75,000 feet in development rights.

They could therefore be torn down or renovated with the extra space and then turn residential or office.”

I’m having a hard time reading this document on my phone:

https://a836-acris.nyc.gov/DS/DocumentSearch/DocumentImageView?doc_id=2017052400685001

Anyway, it involves the Dep’t of Ed and the Korean bank with whom Chetrit refinanced.

As per this document, the Dep’t of Ed’s leases for these pieces of junk ends in January of 2022.

Hopefully, Chetrit will relocate them sooner and these eyesores can come down. To sweeten the pot, I wouldn’t be surprised if there’s a school at the base. Preferably, it will be an elementary school.

Koodoo25 on ssp

That open concrete in the last photo, is it going to remain like that?

Higher quality renders

I believe so, but im assuming they’ll try to make it seem more of a solid color later on. I hope so anyway.

26/72, 36%
Around 330 feet tall
Around 130 feet to the setbacks

View from 52nd Floor, 20 Exchange Place, Lower Manhattan, NYC by Jeffrey Zeldman, on Flickr

Taken by me today:

This one is really rising fast!

Tec

I leave the forums for a few weeks, and this thing is growing already! :open_mouth:

This is going to be a very beautiful tower. Those rounded edges will look stunning, and Vinoly always uses very high-quality glass.

I’m on the fence.

I’ll judge once I see how bad the blank concrete walls on north and south sides are.

I’m desperately trying to like this tower, but I just can’t, no matter how many attempts I make :laughing:

Hoping to be pleasantly surprised.