NEW YORK | 1 World Trade Center | 1,776 FT (spire) / 1,368 FT (parapet) | 104 FLOORS

From my understand it could be one large anchor tenant or several smaller ones. I believe the stipulation is to have something like close to 1 million sq ft of the tower leased to secure funding? Or close to that. It’s just easier to secure one large anchor tenant of that size versus looking for a bunch.

I think 400k-600k sqft of leasing was the number being thrown around for the minimum to restart construction. I imagine it would be extremely time consuming to piecemeal that amount of space from smaller companies and no company would want to sign a letter of intent without a guarantee that the tower would be fully financed.

Thanks for the responses.

Looks like this deal fell through. I wonder who these supposed “better offers” have come from. That middle section needs to be filled already!

https://www.wsj.com/articles/wework-fails-in-bid-to-lease-space-in-new-yorks-world-trade-center-1536162530

EDIT:

Radio Station K104.7 has moved their broadcasting equipment to 1 WTC…

Spire has been off for almost a week now. Wonder what’s going on…

Is that the beacon shining at the top? I can’t tell.

Yeah beacon is still on…I’m guessing the lights may need to be repaired or something along those lines. They’ve been off since 09/10.

Is the beacon still broken, like it doesn’t rotate?

Also I thought they had the lights off as a deference to the 9/11 Tribute. Didn’t realize they were broken. This poor tower.

So they totally built these new BMUs and now they just rotate them around the ring but never actually use them… just like the old ones

The spire lights are back on, by the way

81.2% leased. Slow but steady.

Nice! 81% is pretty great for a tower of this size and for only being open for 4 years. Especially given this sites history. This makes it office tenant #55 in the tower (which includes all the small businesses subleasing through Servcorp) and 8 broadcasting tenants!

throwback to 1 WTC lit red (for Cardinal Dolan’s elevation, if I remember correctly)

World Trade Centers Today 8/7/2012 by Tony Shi, on Flickr

Freedom Tower by Adam Lerner, on Flickr

Manhattan by N Jeong, on Flickr

Sadly, FB seeks to lease 750k sf in a 1960s eyesore on Madison. They could have anchored 2 WTC.

which building robert? A quick google search isn’t revealing it to me

Halloween lighting on WTC1 podium.

From Earthcam.

It’s the only 60s-era building on lower Madison. It’s on the east side of the street.

Keep chipping away at those awful empty floors with worklights.