NEW YORK | 1 World Trade Center | 1,776 FT (spire) / 1,368 FT (parapet) | 104 FLOORS

It almost definitely has something to do with the BMU

I hope so! I’m tired of those ugly nostrils all around Tower 1. Time to fix this thing and put the windows back.

I don’t think anyone cares a fraction as much about this as I do, but it’s so satisfying to see the windows being cleaned on this building. The transformation of the surface is incredible

Oh I care! These classy glassy buildings shouldn’t be so dirty

I care. It’s bad enough the building was value-engineered to all hell. The least they can do is keep the damn thing clean and shining.

Speaking of shining… they need to fix that beacon.

The beacons in some shop in New England… it should be done eventually

Have they ever finished cleaning this thing?

No; In that last photo the really pale sections are covered in the dirt from during construction of the building.
At this point, about 75% of the building has been cleaned to some degree since construction. Once this job on the west side is done the building should be 85-90% clean.

Got it.

“Look at that shine!”-Lightning McQueen

Nice find Thomas!

Now imagine if the whole building was as clean as the bottom part in that picture

Further buildout of the contraption on east side of parapet

heck of a way to spend the heat wave

Looks like they kept the mech lights on during the fireworks display. I think in the past they have shut those lights off.

Also hopefully one day those alien looking work lights will be gone.

Great find!

One day…

There’s something clearly protruding from the rings now

what do you mean by “alien looking work lights”?