Minecraft Project: Downtown Manhattan in 1954

Been using it and the 50s one a while - I found a 1934 landbook but can’t find most of the plates, I’m hoping there’s one for the 40s from bromley but still digging…

Time for a mini update:

I rebuilt the World Building, complete with the original dome but fresh body, fixing the problems it had before.

Here, see the happily united and accurate Newspaper Row:

I included a shot of it with the Black Building to the right to show how large it was:

I also fixed part of the Mutual Life Building, fixing it so the western portion is at a different angle from the rest for accuracy, as well as some design renovations

And now to say seeing this view motivates me to work more near Wall Street again. I may finish the Chase north block, add 44 Wall Street, or fill another gap.

School demotivates me, but if I have surgery (which I may do) I’ll be stranded on my ass for a month which will leave me with nothing to do but either work on this, watch YouTube or bingewatch the greatest TV show of all time (The Sopranos) So we’ll see if that happens.

Also, part 2 of the tour is out and can be found here:

And out of boredom, here are two great Brooklyn Bridge/World Building late shots:

I’m praying for your surgery my friend, hope it all works out alright

If I get it it should be October or November, and the recovery process that I sit on my ass is 3-4 weeks so we’ll see how it goes

No updates right now, but I thought I’d memorialize a legend.

Today it has been 51 years since the Singer Building began demolition.

RIP to in my opinion the most legendary skyscraper New York had to offer.

5/01/1908 - 9/15/1967 - 3/02/1969

Nice!!! You know what’s stupid? They Replaced the most BEAUTIFUL building in the city, with the UGLIEST building in the city😡 pretty Ironic

Lol I often bring that up to people too. My favorite building and my least favorite building are at the same corner on the same block

Hey, I know your nowhere near finished and Im not sure if your gonna quit building once this projects done but if not, id like to suggest an idea for a future project which is Downtown Boston Massachusetts, for ive always wanted to see Boston built in Minecraft, and litterally noones done it!!!

I’m still a NY person and by the time it’s done I’ll probably have moved on from the game but maybe someone will come along or you could try one. Originally the reason I built the first 2001 project I had was because the only map there was was Daget’s and none anywhere else.