JERSEY CITY | 99 Hudson Street | 899 FT | 76 FLOORS

New York City by Aviller71, on Flickr

16 Likes

Pic by me. Taken today. 99 Hudson via Turnpike (NJ). Along with the back end of JC’s skyline. Journal Squared Phase can be seen.

JC via NJ Turnpike 03-13-19 by Christopher Estevez, on Flickr

7 Likes

The skyline has really changed

12 Likes

Today

15 Likes

@YIMBY you should let me tag along in the next tour

6 Likes

Jersey City looks pretty incredible from this vantage point.

15 Likes

It looks better than Denver.

5 Likes

JC just needs one super tall to tie it all together.

13 Likes

The lot that Metropolis Towers are sitting on needs to be redeveloped. Two outdated towers on a surface lot in the heart of Jersey City, right by the PATH? Awful. Perfect spot for a huge mixed use development. Hotel, retail, residential.

6 Likes

@colrain

A few years ago, the Metropolis Towers were planning a huge redevelopment of the property. It included plans for the first Whole Foods which would have been situated between the towers. They proposed building a pedestrian walkway with retail space along Columbus Drive and Marin that would resemble an extension of Newark Ave. They also proposed a Phase 2 which would add a third tower on the western portion of the site. More details here. Not really sure why plans fell through. I think after Whole Foods pulled out, everything else became less feasible. Redeveloping the whole site would be way better, but this would have been a step forward from how it looks now.

8 Likes

Rumor is that the co-op owner/residents of the Metropolis Towers apartments voted the proposal down (i.e., refused to sell their air rights to develop the Whole Foods etc).

5 Likes

:roll_eyes: Well it’s their loss. Eventually, it will get redeveloped. That’s a lot of empty land sitting idle.

1 Like

Pic by me. Taken today.

99 Hudson From Union City - 03-29-19 by Christopher Estevez, on Flickr

7 Likes

Isnt that a fact

1 Like

JC needs a lot more for the actual ground level to be enjoyable, but for the skyline yes. Only a supertall is needed.

1 Like

The west facade facing Jersey City could have been waay better. But still, it’s looking good.

12 Likes

Taken from r/nyc on Reddit today

12 Likes

I really like this shot. Really showcases the JC skyline. If we recall 2004, it has changed ten-fold. There is an uber high quality version in the flickr below, I believe 5000x3400.

The Hudson River and Jersey City, NJ., from the Empire State Building, New York, NY… by andy (jake) jalakas, on Flickr

10 Likes

When I passed by today, they had started installation of panels on the base of the front entrance.

8 Likes

Skyline with Flowers by Glenn Alexander, on Flickr

7 Likes